The name of the new magazine for internationals in the Eindhoven region.
In the 14th edition, you will find a new article from my hand again.
If you can’t find this edition in the local stores, at the GP office or in restaurants, have a look here.
Learn more about narrowing down your search and what you should do if you find it difficult to do.
Be alert if you find yourself willing to do any job – Job search tips included.
Finding a job and starting to work as soon as possible is what many Expat Partners strive for.
Open to any job
After using some time to get adjusted to the new place, you slowly start seeking employment. At this point, you realize your job search has taken you longer than you expected, you feel trapped. By that time you open up for anyjob. Many Expat Partners think being flexible will lead them to a job faster. The opposite is true. As a result, you will find yourself in a long time struggle.
I will explain what happens if you broaden your job search.
Top 6 reasons why you should not broaden your job search:
- Searching for something, which isn’t true to your destiny, will not be serving you in a positive way.
- It drives you away from what you really want to do.
- You will have less experience compared to your competition.
- Or even worse, you will be addressed as overqualified for the job.
- Recruiters will not identify you as their best option for multiple reasons.
- Your job search will take longer than you wish or it may never end.
Instead, narrow down your job search.
First, think about what you really want. Let that be your main focus. Dare to narrow down and focus just on that. You will find more enthusiastic recruiters and hiring managers. They will see you as their perfect match for the job. Your experience and enthusiasm will lead to an interview sooner.
Narrowing down makes it easier:
- You are more dedicated.
- Your search is connected to what you are good at; that is what people are looking for.
- You will have more energy to press on.
- People around you will remember you more easily, which is helpful in any case.
- It’s easier for them to support you, simply because they believe you.
Having trouble narrowing down?
You are not the only one. Contact DYOF if you find it difficult to narrow down what your next career step should be. When you know what you truly want, the chances of your job search will increase immensely.
Go to www.designyour-ownfuture.com and find the answers. Get the free download (called Passport) to start with the first steps. Or simply call me today +31 6 5112 5809.
I wish you a great career abroad. -Heidi Los