New Expat Friends…not again!
Not again…. Making new Expat friends, as Expat Partners do a lot, can be exhausting and make you tired.
After several moves you get tired of getting to know new people.
Too tired to go out there, say ‘HI’ again and again….
You really don’t want to talk to new people even if you know you should.
If you are in the same International school for years, saying HI to new people can be overwhelming too. Families come and go in that kind of environment.
This is why Expat Partners are not into new contacts or friends
- Miss your old friends, you just said goodbye…
- Have enough friends (all over the world)
- Don’t have the time to make new contacts
- Are busy organizing life in the new country
- Are chatting with your old friends who are spread out over the world
- Fear the moment of saying goodbye to your new friends in the future
And last but not least you:
- You are tired of the move
You probably recognise this very well.
The list of being tired can be bigger.
If you’d like you can add reasons why you think you are tired about making new friends.
Most Expat Partners know they have to keep investing in new friendships.
Should you invest in making new friends, or if you wish: new contacts?
There are many reasons why you should invest in your social network, over and over again.
Expat Partners need a real life social network!
This is why.
- first of all sooner or later need real life friends around you
- need them just to vent and exchange your experiences in the new country
- want friends to guide you through life. They will give you new (useful) insights
- are stronger together
- perhaps need your friends network if you want to find a (volunteer) job
- might want to help your new friend in case of emergency
- maybe find a beautiful life-time friendship, here and now
I have been to that state, too, myself. I didn’t want to make new friends.
My bucket was full, but I’ve learned I could not live without friends close to me.
It took me a while to realize it, but once I had set aside my resistance it opened my eyes and I found fantastic new friends in the end.
As an Expat you can do the same and make new friends soon….why not today? You can say ‘HI’ to at least one new person.
You live in the now, so make the now count. Click here if you want to read more about living in the now.